A hands-on training on BIOINFORMATICS TECHNIQUES & FISHERIES DATABASE
A regional Workshop cum Training was successfully conducted on “Application of Bioinformatics Tools and Techniques in Fisheries, Aquaculture and Life Science" from 21st - 23rd October, 2013. A total of 23 participants attended the training cum workshop program which included Assistant Professors from neighboring institutions like ICAR Research Complex Tripura Centre, Central College of Agriculture, College of Veterinary Science, Women’s College, State Forensic Lab, Women’s Polytechnic College, NS Mahavidyalaya, Udaipur.
The resource person were from College of Fisheries, Lembucherra, Tripura University, Women’s Polytechnic College, IASRI, New Delhi, and Ex. Principal Scientist, CIFA, Bhubaneswar.
The following topics were covered in this 3 days training cum workshop program :-
Fundamentals of bioinformatics
2. Fundamentals of bioinformatics
3. Molecular techniques
4. Construction of phylogenic tree
5. Alignment, robust alignment
7. Protein structure
8. R software
9. Proteomics in Aquaculture, Bioinformatics in Biodiversity study
10. Biotechnology approaches in fish product development
11. Databases: NCBI, EMBL, DBMS, ASFA
12. Bioinformatics in Aquatic health management etc.