Recent Training Programmes : 2018
||Name of the training
||Date & Duration
||Size & Level of participants
||Training Programme Hands on Basic Tools and Techniques of Biotechnology and Bioinformatics
||23 Feb to 01 March, 2018
||26 B.V.Sc. Students
||Application Skills of Communication Technologies for Extension Functionaries
||March 12-17, 2018
||18 Fisheries Officers
||Training Programme Molecular techniques and recent advances in Genome and Proteome Analysis
||March 20-27, 2018
||19 Faculties & Research scholars
||Post Harvest Management of Fish and Value Addition
||19-23 March, 2018
||18 Fisheries Officers
||Organic Farming/Natural Farming/Cow Based Economy under Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Unnat Krishi Siksha Yojana
||20-24, March 2018
Detailed list of Capacity Building Programme conducted at College of Fisheries since 2005.
Click here for more details
Vocational Training Programme
In Collaboration with NABARD, Tripura
Objective: Entrepreneurship Development of Unemployed Educated Youth in fisheries Sector
Intake Capacity: 15
Session: March – August
Status of 2010-11
Total Admission - 10
Village Adoption Programme
- To Empower the Fish farmers by increasing knowledge, improving skills and inculcating appropriate attitude through extension intervention
- Sustainable socio-economic development of farm families through increasing fish production by introducing scientific fish farming practices
Profile of adopted fish farmers of Sankar Senapati para
- Population: 725
- Community: ST
- Number of family: 135
- Major occupation: Agri allied activities, Govt. servant and daily wage labour
- Number of fish pond: 24 (water area 2.92 ha)
- Number of adopted farmers: 24 (water area 2.92 ha)
- Unit water area: 0.12 ha
- Type of water area: Pond and minibarrage
- Farming system adopted in aquaculture: Extensive polyculture with carps
- Major Constraints: Lack of scientific Orientation, Lack of Capital, Lack of water in the pond.
- Number of fish farmers: 24
- Water area: 2.92 ha (say 3 ha)
- Stocking density: 12,000 fingerlings /ha
- Stocking time: May-June
- Culture period: 10-12 months
- Farming system to be adopted for three year
- Semi-intensive polyculture technique of carps (1st year)
- Development of Suitable Integrated Fish Based Farming System (2nd Year)
- Consolidation of 1st and 2nd Year Activities (3rd Year)
- Twenty (20) extension folders, leaflets in different areas of fisheries in different languages (English, Bengali, Manipuri)
were prepared for dissemination among farmers and officers and distributed accordingly.
- Ten training manual ( 4 bilingual) were prepared and distributed.
- Documentary film on College of fisheries has been prepared
Objectives: To establish better coordination between different departments in Tripura
Participants: 36 Scientists and Officials from different Departments
Issues of Interface Meeting to be attended in future for Development in the Region
- Research on Efficient or economical utilisation of water
- Maintenance of germplasm for biodiversity conservation
- Development of suitable protocol for efficient water utilisation
- Development of improved varieties of fruits and vegetables
- Development of suitable feed and leaf meal concentrate for feeding of animals
- Development of herbal pesticide
- Standarisation of technologies for breeding and culture of so calleed weed fish like puntius, Gudusia chapra etc.
Fish Farmers’ Meet
1. To facilitate the exposure of unprivileged fish farmers to the progressive farmers and upgrade their knowledge.
2. To facilitate the scientists to find out need based research priorities on fish farming practices.
1. Fifty farmers from different villages of West Tripura district participated actively.
2. In the group discussions the farmers were given the opportunity to discuss their problems and constraints with the experts.
3. Farmers were provided with first hand technical information.
4. A souvenir was published in bilingual format (English and Bangla) in which recent technological clues and techniques of fish farming, handling and other technologies were included.