The Placement and counselling Cell was established at the college during 2015 and is looked after by Dr. Soibam Khogen Singh, the Student Welfare Officer of the college.
The cell will act as a liaison unit between the interests of the students and the recruiting agencies. The role of placement cell starts as early as organizing the resume of the students and providing the technical guidance, and brief introduction to the scope of the degree in private as well as government enterprises, according to the interest of the student. The college already has already set its footstep as a premier institute in fisheries, generating as many as 41 scientists working in various scientific organizations, apart from many of its alumni working in foreign research laboratories.
The main objectives of the cell include :
- To create a database of the pass out students of the college
- To create a database of the probable recruiters including industries and different organizations
- To act as liaison unit for plugging the gap between industry and fresh professionals to speed up the process of recruitment
- To organize the informative lectures to make the students aware about the opportunities in the field and preparation for the qualifying examinations.
- To carry out trainings related to personality grooming and other management aspects
To Know more about Current Placement records (Click the link given below)