Agricultural Technology Information Centre (ATIC)
For serving the interests of the farming community, the Indian Council of Agricultural Research, under the "Innovation in Technology Dissemination" component of National Agricultural Technology Project (NATP), has allocated a sum of Rs. 1482 million. Under this component, a series of strategic investments are made to introduce programmes and institutional adjustment at national, state, district, block and village level and operational changes in the methodology in which the extension workers are trained, interact with farmers and communities, communicate information and coordinate with the private sector.
As a part of this strategy, Agricultural Technology Information Centres (ATIC) are established in 40 centres located in ICAR Institutes, Central Agricultural Universities and State Agricultural Universities for serving the farming community on a 'single window system' concept.
Agricultural Technology Information Centre (ATIC) services were formally initiated on 3 January 2020. The Centre provides information on agricultural technologies in addition to providing other inputs like seeds, plant materials, fish products etc. including advisory services through single window system. The ATIC is intended to providing formal management mechanism between the scientists and technology users.
- To provide a 'single window' delivery system for the products available from College of Fisheries Tripura CAU Imphal to the farmers and other interested groups as a process of Innovation in Technology Dissemination at the Institute level.
- To facilitate direct access to the farmers to the institutional resources available in terms of technology inputs, advice, technology products etc.
- To provide mechanism for feedback from the users to the Institute.
- Agricultural Technology Information Centre’s sales counter is opened for the benefit of farmers at entrance of the new ATIC building.
- To retail the seeds of vegetables, fish and fish products of College of Fisheries Lembucherra technologies. The availability of above products can be enquired by contacting the Incharge ATIC.
- To guide the farmers, entrepreneurs and students who come for exposure visit to various departments of college of Fisheries, Lembucherra.
- To answer the queries of farmers instantly through telephonic conversations
Visitors Lounge :
The ATIC building is well furnished with visitors seating arrangements with reading material like flyers, booklets, brochures and leaflets.
Conference hall :
Well furnished conference hall with seating arrangements for 50 members.
Fish Museum :
A magnificent and a large collection of fish species is displayed for educational and research purpose.
Sale counter :
Sale counter is at the entrance of ATIC.
Whom to contact:
Dr. Mahesh B. Tengli
Assistant professor (Agricultural Extension)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile : 9671141719