Advanced Scientific Research Laboratory Facilities
Central Molecular Biology Laboratory : A Brief Overview
College has established Central Molecular Biology Laboratory as a common facility for the entire college equipped with most sophisticated instruments. This laboratory has been developed under prestigious project ‘Centre of Excellence in Fisheries and Aquaculture Biotechnology” funded by Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
In broad, the objectives of the laboratory
- To facilitate sophisticated, costly equipments to all the faculty, research scholar and students of the colleges for their research work.
- To strengthen the research quality by the use modern and latest equipments and tools.
- Capacity building and Human Resource Development through training.
Major equipment available in the laboratory
- DNA sequencer
- Nano drop
- Gel Documentation unit
- Electrophoresis unit
- Water purification system
- Stereo zoom Microscope
- Incubator shaker
- Phase Contrast Research microscope
- Nutrient analyzer
- Deep freezer
- Water bath
- Western blotting unit
- Colour analyzer
- Rotary evaporator
- PCR cabinet