Mandate of the College of Fisheries
List of mandates are :
- To impart education in different branches of fisheries and allied sciences.
- To further the advancement of learning and prosecution of research in fisheries and allied sciences.
- To undertake programs of extension education in states under the jurisdiction, and
- To undertake such others activities as it may deem fit, from time to time, to uplift the socio-economical status of farmers in the N.E. Region.
- To achieve excellence in teaching, research and extension education in the field of fisheries and allied sciences.
- To produce globally competitive graduates and post graduates in fisheries and allied sciences.
- To develop sustainable and profitable fish farming systems to improve the livelihood of people.
- To transfer fisheries and allied activities into profitable enterprises and thereby create food and nutritional security for the people of NE region.