The Bioinformatics Infrastructure Facility (BIF) Laboratory at COF, Lembucherra, Tripura was established in 2013 with an objective to promote Biology teaching through Bioinformatics. The center was inaugurated by Dr. S. Ayyappan, Secretary, DARE & Director General, ICAR, New Delhi. It is located in the Ground Floor of the Administrative Block, COF-CAU. The BIF-BTBI center provides an environment for collaborative interdisciplinary research in Bioinformatics and also helps in teaching of computer science and Bioinformatics to students of Fisheries and Sciences. The primary goal of the BIF facility is to work as a bridge between the wet-lab and in-silico experiments designed to answer diverse question related specifically to Genetics and at large to Biology of fishes. BIF facility is actively engaged in research, academics, and providing computational support to the on-going research projects in the College and is also instrumental in imparting the Bioinformatics knowledge and training to the students and research scholars. Short-term training programs are offered to students from colleges and universities all over India.
- To support for the teaching activities of Biology and its allied areas to the host Institute in particular and the neighboring institutions in general.
- To build up information resources, prepare databases of interest to its users and to develop relevant information handling tools and techniques.
- To assess information requirements, organize creation of necessary infrastructure and to provide information and computer support services to the users.
- To establish linkages with BTISnet of DBT for sharing Information Resources and Expertise.
- To organize Training / Workshop for training of the users of the BIF.